I think your question boils down to answering what is meant by
"evaluate".  Chess has a heuristic that is easy to compute and gives a
good evaluation.  Go lacks this.  While probably an inferior evaluator,
the Bouzy 5/21 score estimator is an example from go that can be quite
slow.  UCT (or generically Monte Carlo) can "evaluate" a position fairly
quickly (maybe 1k-100k per second depending on how heavy the playout
is), they don't give a reliable estimate.  To improve this, they end up
reevaluating positions more than once (maybe 100 times?) to get a more
reliable estimate.