Correction: HBotSVN was not reconfigured for speed in round 3.  It was set
to use two search threads in round 4, and was compiled in debug mode for the
whole tournament.  I apologize for the confusing PM's during the tournament
about this.

  What is "HBotSVN's technique"?  The game end protocol says "To play in a
tournament, programs must either implement both "kgs-genmove_cleanup" and
"final_status_list dead", or they must play until all of their opponent's
dead stones are removed from the board. It's OK if "play until dead stones
removed" is an option, but they have to make sure that this option is turned
on whenever they are going to be in a tournament, or they will do poorly in
the tournament!".  HouseBot (HBotSVN) handles this by playing until all of
its opponent's dead stones are removed.
  "final_status_list dead" is not supported.  It's kgsGtp (not HouseBot!)
that insisists that all stones are alive.  It annoys me every time I see the
description that it's the bot that's behaving badly when it's really a
problem with how the combination of kgsGtp and the KGS server represent this
stuff.  I consider it a bug in kgs that this perpetually gets misinterpreted
by spectators.
  Please stop saying that my bot insists all of its stones are alive.  This
could be simplified by either fixing the game end protocol rules, or getting
kgs fixed (kgsGtp and/or the server).

  In the round two game, it was HBotSVN that had 3 seconds left on the
clock.  Its opponent, MonteGNU, had almost a minute left (51 seconds).  The
only games where HBotSVN's opponent got down to very little time left was
the game against Leela.
  The whole probation thing has really pissed me off.  Maybe one component
of that is first finding out about it by reading it in the report.  I have
not been implementing "difficult things" for quite a while.  Because stuff
wasn't working, I suspended all forward progress on my bot two months ago.
Since then, I've been building test harnesses, writing unit tests, and
eliminating bugs.
  Did you know that weakbot50k and idiotbot don't actually handle the game
end at all?  Once both players pass, they switch to using gnu go.
  I will no longer participate in these tournaments for the foreseeable
future.