The apps will arrive. Toshiba plans to sell a laptop with a modified form of
the Cell processor; it has 4 SPEs which do quite a job of handling blu-ray DVDs
and also use the laptop's webcam to allow user movement and facial expressions
to control the computer.

( I can just see it - user frowns - was that the wrong DVD? shall we try
another selection? )

Now, the real mystery is, will future software somehow expand to use all that
processing power, so that future computers appear to be even slower than those
of today? Unfortunately, that is the most probable outcome.