I am about as strong as the mogos running on kgs. I get a kick out of trying to learn how to beat the mogos there. It's certainly not as easy as beating gnu go with a few stones (just surround it) or beating aya giving it 6 stones (just don't make tactical mistakes, but take advantage of its tactical mistakes). With mogo there are other techniques, but this isn't a post about the strategical considerations for beating mogo at go thinking.

Often, mogo can beat me because the game is short, thus I can't think quickly enough in some of the complexity it presents. I get back, though, occasionally. When I stay properly ahead of mogo on time, sometimes in the endgame it has the standard few points ahead, but sometimes mogo doesn't estimate time properly... and gets down to 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... Then mogo gets scared. It doesn't play any more stones, it just passes. (pass doesn't remove time on kgs). I calmy destroy one of mogos groups, quickly making 5 or 6 moves in a row ... I still have 10 seconds left ... mogo passes again, I pass, I win ...

Of course I was the loser of the real go game, but because the mogos are running with bizarre time settings, and they beat me sometimes because of them, I get my revenge.

Pedro
Costa Rica