Use git anyways ;) I don't use an IDE, but git works great for me from
the command line. After I realized that "git" in pkgsrc was actually
GNU Interactive Tools and not git, it took me just a few minutes to
set up. The basic commands are really easy to learn, especially if you
are familiar with CVS/SVN. There are also separate GUI frontends for
git, so that might be an option worth looking at.

But anyways, I've heard good things about Darcs and Mercurial. The
time I spent trying to use Darcs wasn't very pleasant (and it was hard
to setup IIRC). I gather that it is far less mature than git, so it
probably won't have a plugin.