if it really mattered, remote participants could
use a phone to connect -- it's not like these
are very high-volume transmissions, and the
latency, while high, is still an unimportant
fraction of total time.  on the plus side, the
latency is exact.  on the minus side, it's a
pretty expensive phone call.  :)

s.