Stefan Mertin wrote:
> More than ten thousand games 19x19 Go are played
> in my computer Go Tournament - time to again publish
> some results!
>
> Please have a look at my newly created site for results
> and more informations: www.igosoft.com

Hello Stefan,

nice to see you posting here, and thanks
for all the test-work you are doing.

> But first I finally want to let play the 2008 Computer Go Champion,
> MANYFACES v12 by David Fotland. ..
> and the even much stronger MC-TS engine, level "2 Kyu"..

My experience: MC-based programs are playing Go on a
much higher level now (since October 2008) than
"traditional" programs.
So I propose that you directly start "ManyFaces (MC)"
versus the top contenders in your list, delaying all
other tests. And when - what I expect to happen - ManyFaces-MC
bombs the traditional programs below the surface, you should
think about your overall strategy. Perhaps it even makes sense
to stop the matches between the dinosaurs.

However, likely the dominance of MC-based programs will
be more clear when running (both sides) on a faster machine,
for instance a computer with 2 or better with 4 cores, and
when thinking times are not too small.

And from my private wishlist: I would like to see (massive) data from
MC programs for play on 13x13 boards.

> Recently I added a newer version of Peter Woitke´s program
> SUZIE for 19x19. This engine works with pure alpha-beta
> tree-search and a position evaluation function
> like most of the classical chess engines do and I think it
> is most remarkable how much SUZIE
> improved in last years without use of MonteCarlo TreeSearch
> techniques. SUZIE 0.40 finished third and seems to be nearly
> as strong as the older version of Go++ 5.0.

As far as I know, Chrilly Donninger has been involved in the
development of SUZIE. How is SUZIE 0.40 dated?
Do you have match for SUZIE on 9x9 board? (The development
of SUZIE had been started on 9x9.)

Best regards, Ingo

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01