Hi

I'm currently using the method described here to detect if a group is in
atari (1 real liberty):

http://computer-go.org/pipermail/computer-go/2007-November/012350.html

Thus I store the number of pseudo libs, the sum and the sum of squares for
each group.

Now for heavy playouts, it would be useful if I could somehow modify this so
I can easily detect if a group can be put into atari (meaning it has exactly
2 real liberties).

My intuition tells me it should be possible by also storing the sum of
positions^3. However, I can't quite wrap my head around how to do the check.
Has anyone looked into this before, and found an answer? I like this approach
because it's so easy and fast.

Regards,
Isaac
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a