On Thursday 11 June 2009 14:50:14 Magnus Persson wrote:

> > Basically, you would run UCT as normal at the top level, and in the
> > playouts, use UCT with a small node limit.
>
> ...but this just cannot work it means a lot of search in order to
> update the tree once..

The results from the UCT-in-UCT playouts could be fed back to the main UCT
tree (in which case no playouts are "lost"), with the result from the
meta-playout having a stronger weighting.

> Valkyria scales between 150 Elo between 5 and
> 10 playouts against Fuego 0.3.2 using 200 playouts. So assuming I let
> the playouts of Valkyria play 10 playouts for each move in the
> "Meta-Playout" it will spend 500 playouts for a 50 move deep
> Meta-Playout on 9x9. This means valkyria will run only 2 playouts per
> second in the tree part.

I would try such methods first on a very fast program. The idea to make very
very heavy playouts is a bit contradictory to this. Something like libego
running a 50kpps would get 100nps in your example. It may be enough.

--
GCP