Would this be a simple way of using many cores effectively?

Otherwise I cannot see how recursive UCT would be anything else than an ineffective implementation of UCT. Unless it provides some information that could be used more effectively than with normal search.

In order to do so the playouts need to communicate what moves are good perhaps something like the historyheuristic used in chess.

Magnus