Don Dailey wrote:
> I think we should open up to other ideas, not
> just dynamic komi modification.   In fact that
> has not proved to be a very fruitful technique
> and I don't understand the fascination with it.

I was not clear enough in the original posting.
My main point is the following: Currently the
programmers are developing program, and customers
are playing with them.

But "we" should try to bring creative customers inside
the process of development. Dynamic komi might be
one good early try for this approach.

You write "that [DyKo] has not proved to be a very
fruitful technique" but you are right only concerning
the rather narrow community of programmers.
(Some) creative customers have lots of time to test strange
things and settings and are willing to do so, provided the
programs are sufficiently "test-friendly". Concerning dynamic
komi I would bet 1:1 that their findings might lead to a
breakthrough.

Ingo.