Hi!

  I'm a little unclear on this, so I'd like to make sure I'm not missing
any important technique - is "progressive widening" and "progressive
unpruning" synonymous?

  I have looked both into the pMCTS and the CrazyStone papers and it
seems that "widening" differs from "unpruning" in that certain number of
simulations is first made before limiting the number of searches. Which
of the variants is commonly used? What "speed" of widening works for you
best?

  Thanks,

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.