On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 09:05:27AM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> > I expected to win 50 to 60% of the games, but won 88% of 1300 games.  There
> > were several games that Fuego lost due to a superko violation.
> >
> > Am I missing a parameter to set the rules to Chinese with superko?
>
> go_rules chinese
>
> (I think the tromp & taylor, but I'm surprised superko is not part of it)

But it is! :)

6.  A turn is either a pass; or a move that doesn't repeat an earlier
    grid coloring.

>  uct_param_search lock_free 1
>  uct_param_search virtual_loss 1
>
> The first makes it stronger when using multiple threads.

Actually, mainly faster - there should be no strength difference if you
limit games number, not time.

> I'm not sure what the second is doing...

You should watch my presentation. ;-) It is a technique for tree
search to try to spread parallel-descending threads to different nodes
by adding a loss to the node when the thread descends through it and
removing it when it is returning back to the root. There is some
search efficiency bonus, though the strength gain was very small
in my measurements.

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.