> performance at endgames is worse than middle, because IMHO MC
> simulations don't evaluate the values (due to execution speed) of
> yose-moves and play such moves in random orders.  Assuming there are 7,
> 3, 1 pts moves left at a end position, for example.

(Sorry for two messages). I just thought, don't pattern libraries
capture this? (I may be wrong on this, but I thought all the strong
programs were using patterns to influence search.) The yose patterns
come up multiple times in every game, so shouldn't stopping a monkey
jump get searched before a hane-connect move on the 1st line?

Darren