Even strong engines like Fuego will give wrong sequences in yose.

1. Sometimes it will play a 1 point sente too early (right as it's available, so maybe it already played it early game), get into a ko and lose 10 points in seki or die This is because playouts always give a better result for the engine playing the 1 point sente than not playing it 2. It doesn't read out ko variations correctly anyway. Sometimes it makes a thousand year ko instead of a direct ko in a simple corner pattern. 3. It plain doesn't play the correct sequence of moves in the endgame. In fact, none of the engines really ever agree on a move order in the endgame and if you run a few simulations at the end of the game you'll keep getting different results, sometimes W+5.5 and sometimes B+3.5

On 2015-07-13 11:47, Darren Cook wrote:
performance at endgames is worse than middle, because IMHO MC
simulations don't evaluate the values (due to execution speed) of
yose-moves and play such moves in random orders.  Assuming there are 7,
3, 1 pts moves left at a end position, for example.
(Sorry for two messages). I just thought, don't pattern libraries
capture this? (I may be wrong on this, but I thought all the strong
programs were using patterns to influence search.) The yose patterns
come up multiple times in every game, so shouldn't stopping a monkey
jump get searched before a hane-connect move on the 1st line?

Darren