Am 03.11.2015 um 20:24 schrieb Jim O'Flaherty:
> I don't see how "leave the center empty" works as a valid case,
> assuming this it just any valid 3x3 window on the board. Given bots
> playing each other, there can be 9x9 clumps of a stone of the same
> color. I can see it being argued there is no computational value in
> this specific pattern instance. But, then what are the conditions
> of the exceptions to the generalization? And how do you effectively
> iterate through the other +20,000 variations (not reduced by
> location or color symmetry)?
>
> So, I'm curious, is there some other assumption about the 3x3
> window other than it be a view into any valid 3x3 space on a Go
> board?

Sorry, I did not explain the details, the assumption is:
I play in the middle, so it must be empty. I thought legal moves might
not really reduce the number of 3x3 patterns, as there can be no
suicide known from 3x3 patterns, as a capture is always possible.

Therefore I wonder, what 14 patterns did not appear in my 40000 games
harvested:)