It's an inherently subjective thought-exercise -- ask 10 different players
and you will get 10 different ideas of what constitutes beauty. I'm not
even sure I agree with the metrics proposed in
http://www.wseas.us/e-library/transactions/computers/2008/26-184.pdf for
chess -- why is it inherently more "beautiful" to use a weaker piece as
opposed to a stronger piece?

In go, there are a lot of characteristics that exist on a continuum (e.g.
aggression vs. calm/steady, etc.) Play at either end of the spectrum has
its own appeal.
Metrics one could analyze:
-Willingness to tenuki
-Ability to maintain sente
-Tenacity of attack (how to measure?)
-Efficiency of shape (how to measure?)
-Favoring influence vs. territory
-Preference for invasion vs. reduction
etc.

One would do better to analyze a given player over many games, vs. just
looking at one game (since there is such variability).