djhbrown,

Even from a pure playing stronger perspective, it is not game over yet because there is no guarantee yet for always avoiding sudden entering of holes of bad play, verification by reading is missing and there is no optimisation for better score when winning the game anyway. For other AI applications, this means that there is no guarantee of unexpected bad actions, such as accidentally killing people.

As I have explained, shortly after the sacrifice squeeze in game 5 AlphaGo had a winning position. Therefore, currently one should not call the squeeze a mistake. A more cateful study of the few moves after the squeeze is necessary.

You mention several outdated principles and concepts, whose insufficiency I have explained elsewhere.

--
robert jasiek