Thanks Ryan,

Nice paper – did you follow up on any of the future work?

  Simon

From: Computer-go
<computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org<mailto:computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org>>
 on behalf of Ryan Hayward <hayw...@ualberta.ca<mailto:hayw...@ualberta.ca>>
Date: Wednesday, 30 March 2016 at 18:59
To: "computer-go@computer-go.org<mailto:computer-go@computer-go.org>"
<computer-go@computer-go.org<mailto:computer-go@computer-go.org>>
Subject: Re: [Computer-go] Congratulations to AlphaGo (Statistical significance
of results)

Hey Simon,

I only now remembered:

we actually experimented on the effect
of making 1 blunder (random move instead of learned/searched move)
in Go and Hex

"Blunder Cost in Go and Hex"

so this might be a starting point for your question
of measuring player strength by measuring
all move strengths...

https://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/~hayward/papers/blunder.pdf

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Lucas, Simon M