The purpose is to see if there is some sort of "simplification" available
to the emerged complex functions encoded in the weights. It is a typical
reductionist strategy, especially where there is an attempt to converge on
human conceptualization. Given the complexity of the nuances in Go, my
intuition says that it will show excellent improvement in short term play
at the cost of nuance in longer term play.