On 01/02/2011 05:24 PM, Erik van der Werf wrote:

Agreed, as long as you don't deny things that were out there long
before someone wrote 'the' paper. I have seen a rather natural
progression from work of Brugman, Kaminski, Bouzy, Helmstetter,
Hamlen, etc. to where we are today. Pinpointing the invention of MCTS
in time or to a single person is simply not that easy.

I agree completely, and stated as such in my first message that touched off this long thread (and repeated many times since). I never credited MoGo with inventing MCTS or UCT.