Alvaro,

Your test-procedure sounds sort of similar to the training-procedure used
for Erica as described in the Simulation Balancing paper by Aja Huang,
although you are proposing to use it for a different purpose. I don't know
if you have had a chance to look at that paper. If not, it is available on
Remi Coulom's website and well worth reading. Perhaps you could comment on
the similarities? Obviously, that paper used the technique very successfully
to improve the playing strength of Erica, which lends a lot of weight to
your argument.

René