Incredible, 100 nanoseconds is only about 300 instructions of a CPU. Are you
talking about 19x19? And 1 microsecond for my design will probably be a
worst-case (as I calculate freedom and capture iteratively). When almost all
stones have free places around it will be down to ~100 nanoseconds.
As to the number of possible accelerators on-chip - it varies upon price. I
think it can be 5-250, for the price $250-$5000. So the cost of a single simple
accelerator will be $20-$50.

Dmitry