i7 is four-core, so probably it is closer to the upper bound. But if you say
that only 8% of time spent on calculating board positon it changes nothing: it
becomes obvious that some other things than board positoin calculations should
be accelerated first. And I will highly appreciate any hints about what it
could be.

Dmitry