Marc,

Managed to get mine down to 54ms per 1000 playouts, if I run 1 thread it
runs in 94ms (still looking for positional/situational superko for now).

My CPU has 2 physical and 4 logical cores, when I use 2 threads it uses up
50% of the CPU and runs in 55ms, and if I use 4 threads, it uses 100% CPU
and still runs in 55ms.

I suspect either the logical cores aren't being fully utilized, and/or the
bottleneck is in memory access speed not CPU cycles, has anyone else run
into a similar situation when utilizing hyper-threading?

I think I'll move onto implementing GTP and then monte-carlo so I can track
win/loss and accuracy, then try to adjust my random play outs to take
saving/capturing and identifying dead/alive groups into consideration.

What are the mogo 3x3 style patterns you mentioned?

     Ben