>None of the search tools could find exactly what I wanted quickly
>without having to muddle through a big list of irrelevant results. None
>of the tools could search the system without first using Safari
>[Location = file:///usr... etc.] to open some of the invisible folders
>and add to the sidebar, or using OnyX.

Why would you be searching in "invisible folders." The "invisible
folders" are well structured so if you know what you are doing you should
know exactly where the file you need resides. If you don't know that,
then you probably don't know enough to be mucking with those files.

I don't get what Safari (a web browser) has to do with any of this.

>Yes, EasyFind finds file names, but it's much slower than the others.
>It's so slow that it's like browsing on dialup.

Not always. If a file is indexed then programs with pre-built indices
will of course be faster. If you have no index or an indexing problem
then EasyFind is much faster. Many who dislike the user interface of
Spotlight or Google, do like EasyFind. It all depends...