RFID chips in passports are there to make them less easily faked.  I
would assume any passport that should have one but doesn't would come
under extra scrutiny- so busting it with a hammer is probably a good
way to spend extra hours in airport security.

Go for the wallet.
<http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/rfidblocking-wallet-and-passport-case-160702.php>

Or make your own out of  tin foil and duct tape
<http://www.rpi-polymath.com/ducttape/RFIDWallet.php>