On 7/24/07, mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Most windows breaches are due to third party software or the browser...so
strictly speaking it isn't the pc being compromised.

Not sure what you are trying to say.

If you want to say that an Oracle vulnerability isn't a Windows
vulnerability, you are right.  So in that respect, if you subscribe to
Secunia or Vulnwatch, most vulnerabilities are indeed in non-OS software.

If you want to say that Microsoft patches that are needed on a very regular
basis are due to third party software, I will respectfully disagree.

And if it is an Internet Explorer problem, that is a Windows OS problem -
the two are inextricably linked on purpose.

I don't believe that Safari and the iPhone are inextricably linked.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own