Another member of the team noted that if they stopped using everything that
had an exploit they'd not be able to use any computers of any kind.  Not
quite the cold dead remark, but true.

Mike

On 7/26/07, Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Proving? Not until it has been demonstrated. All they have done is
> claim. There are enough Apple-haters out there that I reserve
> judgement on any such claims until demonstrated. The whole Brian
> Krebs/David Maynor/WiFi fiasco did that to me.

Actually the person discovering this vulnerability is an iPhone fan. One
reporter asked him if he was going to stop using his iPhone due to the
problem. He replied that the only way to get his iPhone away from him is
to pry it out of his cold dead hands.

Anyone who has used the iPhone, loves the iPhone. Except for the
knee-jerk Apple haters, of course.

Interesting to note that Apple shares dropped 7% on Tuesday on a bogus
news story that iPhone sales were not up to expectations. On Wed shares
were up 10% on news that the story was bogus and news that Apple profits
were up 78%.

So you are right, we have to be circumspect about every news report.