-----Original Message-----
From: Computer Guys Announcements and Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Piwowar
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:36 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] LCD screen for photographer

>My 9-year-old CRT is finally going out, & I finally got authorization
>for a new LCD to replace it.  I'm on a Windows XP, & I'm fine with that
>(even though I'm Mac at home), so let's not think about switching to
Mac
>(PLEASE, just don't think about).

Great if you are big on interior decoration. Not so great if you are
serious about photography.

Great discussion here...
http://www.outbackphoto.com/tforum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1700

Starts off with a long post by Karl Lang (the father of both the
original
PressView, ColorMatch RGB and the Artisan monitors).

"Color accurate LCDs pose many problems. I will not argue the CRT vs LCD
debate. Suffice to say there are elements of a calibrated CRT that
still can't be matched by any LCD - available - and there are also
elements of LCD technology that exceed CRTs. We are improving things
at a rapid pace. I expect within 2-3 years to be able to finally feel
comfortable stating that we have an all around superior product in the
LCD space."

This statement is about a year old, so we are closer to having LCDs that

work. Just not there yet. So you might as well get a cheap Dell for
$200.