On Jul 28, 2007, at 3:58 PM, Paul Meyer wrote:

PS Exactly to your point, I also forgot to mention that yes another difference between mac and
pc users.

Mac users often were established professionals looking for the
right tool, the best value. That implies that they were already established well
enough to invest their own careers/productive assets.

Well, I cannot say how well established I was as a graphics person, but I did use my own monetary assets to purchase all my gear, and I knew that I wanted Macintosh. Actually, I could not afford exactly the machines I wanted and that would best suit my needs, so I bought used equipment instead which served me quite well, and still do.

  Steve