I beg to differ. This software is able to distinguish among homonyms with a
high degree of accuracy, and as stated earlier, it learns through experience.
Worst case, someone might use it to repeat interviews into the computer - which
would still save a boatload of time and effort.

I have used it for about 4 years and it is so accurate that I have to ask
someone else to proofread - there are so few errors that I skip right over them.

The input has to be of fairly high quality, of course, so a tape made on the
bus or an airport runway might need to be dictated into the machine, but I find
that kind of irritation necessary whether I'm transcribing a tape manually or
re-dictating someone else's speach into the computer.

Dan

>>> Tony B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/2/2007 11:20 AM >>>

I'd have to see it to believe it. Even if it got the sounds right 100%
of the time (highly unlikely), there's simply no way it could deduce
homonyms correctly, which would be needed for proper punctuation at
least.

I don't see any way of doing this project with any degree of accuracy
short of having live humans do it. And even then there will be many
spots where they'll have to back up and repeat parts ("What did he
say?").