Re: Memory question.....Tom?

But, would the flash things running overnight on a Mozilla type browser cause OSX to close?

Looks like there may be more than one thing amiss. Need to clear
things out to get a better picture of what is causeing your CPU
problem.

This shutting down of OSX is happening EVERY night now but doesn't
occur when I leave the same things running all day.  Again this a.m.
I had the transparent box telling me OSX had shut down and to turn
off the computer. I don't know of anything that I've set to run over
night.  Do any of you have any idea what might be trying to run and
is shutting me down?

Are you sure that your computer isn't scheduled to shut down and you forgot about that setting? Was it a shut down or definitely a crash?

Are there any crash reports? ~/Library/Logs/Crash reporter Use the Console utility to see logs.

Did you remove RAM and test to see if the memory is bad? Remove RAM chips one at a time and run your Mac for a few days. Do you have an Apple Hardware Test CD that shipped with your Mac??