> Ok. I've pulled my head out of the sand to realize that Apple may
> have changed it's terminology. Has the term, "iBook" been shelved to
> be replaced by "MacBook"? Tom, you suggested that the MacBooks can't
> take a hit, should I not go for the latest, but instead look for the
> older models of iBooks...if they can be found (on eBay, or other
> resellers).
>
> Arnold

Apple renamed its notebooks when they switched to Intel processors.

The MacBook PRO is the one that may be more delicate, although friends ho have them haven't had problems--yet. The MacBook [replacing the iBook] is solid.

I'd go for the MacBook over an iBook for one main reason -- the magnetic power plug. It's faster, more powerful, etc., and the price just went down. And the plug/tip won't break off in the power port if it's bumped.

Aren't you the one who had the power plug tip break off in the power port? It happened to our iBook recently. That should be considered a defect for Apple to repair at a reduced rate since it's happened to so many iBooks. Anyway, has anyone on the list successfully removed the broken piece from the power port? I've found solutions involving toothpicks and superglue, but will take it to the Apple store first to see if they have a 'special tool' for removing the broken part. I borrowed a battery charger yesterday, and at least the mobo isn't fried; just can't charge the battery in the iBook.

Betty