Hello all;

My wife's three year old Dell desktop got fried in lightning storm last week
so I'm replacing it. I'd prefer to keep XP, but at this point, everyone's
shipping with Vista. Two questions:

1. Has anyone found any good web resources on how to downgrade an OS from
Vista to XP?

2. I have the disks that came with the Dell that was destroyed, which
includes a CD of Windows XP that I have a legal license for. Is there any
reason it wouldn't work for me to order a new Dell, format the new hard
drive and run that CD?

Thanks in advance for any help

Dan