At 12:00 AM 9/13/2007, you wrote:
Date:    Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:14:00 -0500
From:    Randy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Walgreen's offers free ink refills]

Beginning to get jealous of people who live within close proximity to Walgreens or Walmart! Didn't see my Dell 4 in 1 printer listed on list of Dell printers that are refillable. Since two generic cartridges didn't work, maybe there's a good reason.

Either Dell is lying when they repeatedly say generic cartridges don't work with Dell printers or some of these generic cartridge makers or sellers are lying when they claim that they do and can! A set of dell cartridges seems to be maybe a third the cost of the damn printer!

Randall

Randall, Welcome to the crowd.  I tried and tried to warn people about buying
any printer that did not take cartridges from Staples or any other office
supply place. I wrote about this a few years ago and a couple of people said that Dell printers were great and I resisted the "I told you so" but..

That might be one reason that Dell was giving away their laser printers to Non-Profits in MD and I cautioned them to refuse them. Most listened and are happy, some of the others are paying the price. No competition in the cartridge arena for them.

Reminds me of the middle 80's where they were almost giving away the cute little dot maitrix printers and expecting/requiring you to buy the ribbons from them.
Sure....

Rich
YMMV