-----Original Message-----
From: Computer Guys Announcements and Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:07 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] iListen: OK or not OK?

Constance;

You can get it for $99.00 from MacSpeach directly.

The product seems fishy to me though.

They claim that you can not get a demo because it only works with
certified microphones and they would have to sterilize returned
mikes.  Yet they clearly will sell you a no mike version, and will
even sell you a download version.  They *COULD* provide a demo, they
just don't want to and then are not truthful about it.

To add to this I found this note on their site:

"Attention FileVault Users
There is a bug in Apple's Xcode compiler that makes it FileVault
incompatible with version 1.7. But whether you use iListen or not, we
strongly suggest you do not use FileVault for your sensitive or
confidential data due to known issues. For more information and a
possible workaround, please see this article in our online
KnowledgeBase."

Don't use FileVault for sensitive or confidential data?  That is what
it is for!  Has anyone else heard about this bug that seems to
particularly effect iListen version 1.7?

Matthew