some 3-4 years ago, our internet signal would fail a couple of times a day, as
did many of our neighbors who also used Comcast internet.

onsite tech #4 or 5 or 6 connected a meter to the signal strength at the
computor and declared it to be -2 or -3, and that it should be at least
0.(there was a plus part to the scale).  He went out to the box on the side of
the house and changed what he called a "filter".  this repair fixed the
problem.

about a week later, a couple of service techs arrived in the neighborhood and
changed all the filter for all the comcast subscribers.