This is a great starting point. I've updated the driver and the new one is digitally signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher so that should be good. Thanks for all the really helpful tips and I'll report back on how this affects things. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Richard P.

ar5211.sys shows to be a wireless NIC driver. I would start by updating the
card with the latest drivers from the mfr. and/or uninstalling and
reinstalling the card with the latest drivers.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=46819
http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/12849