Good point. I was assuming the users know where their critical data is. A very unrealistic assumption.

I think it would take less time to sort out their data into critical and not critical & then back up online than to spend time regularly trying to reliably back up everything locally.

But that would be a rational approach when the world really only behaves rationally occasionally ...
:)
db