Shows what happens when you give a barbarian a meter.

Yeah, but it's data.  How good the data is may be open to
interpretation, but it's a lot better than arbitrary statements
about what format "sounds" better.

I'll never deny that a clean, well mastered LP sounds good.

I'll also not deny that a CD made with a decent digital master
sounds good.  Give a listen to Bob Dylan's "Modern Times"
or "Love and Theft" for example.  They're about as good as
it gets (Dylan is a musical perfectionist and started producing
his own releases with those).

I guess my point is that the medium can only be as good as
it is.  Yes it is possible to do better.

SAC-D and DVD-audio are potentially better.  But there is
little or no market for these formats.  It has been proven over
time that quality doesn't sell, what sells is convenience.