True but most public TV stations are low powered stations.

I can get only a couple of stations via antenna where I live. One of those is APT (Alabama Public Television) The other is a local Fox affiliate but both of these have low powered antennas.

You might be surprised who is low powered versus who is not.

Even in the big city there are many low powered TV stations that tend to be ethnic, cultural or similar type of stations.

Stewart