From: Computer Guys Announcements and Discussion List
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:35 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: [CGUYS] DVD/CDRW Not recognized

Hi, All

I have an HP zv6000 laptop, running XP home version 2002, service pack
2.
Installed in the laptop is a DVD/CD burner (Original with the
laptop)that is
no longer being recognized by the laptop.  When I put a disc  into it,
the
green activity light on the CD tray lights up, the CD seems to spin  for
a short
period of time and then nothing.  The optical device does not  show up
in the
device manager.  I have had to purchase a USB outboard drive  to burn
CDs and
DVDs.  Any thoughts on the matter?
Thanks
Tracy

* New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L
YourNewAddress
* RSS at
www.mail-archive.com/computerguys-l@listserv.aol.com/maillist.xml