If you Google the terms:
ebay password change notification
it will come up with a scam that sounds similar. You might want to verify directly with EBay that they are in fact the ones requesting your password change. You could maybe find out the reason behind the frequent change requests.

Richard P.

gerald wrote:
I'm pretty certain that all the mucking about is being done by ebay.

after notify, i cannot get into my account with my password.

my inquires to ebay have indicated they changed the password.

maybe happens with fairly active accounts.  i buy (only buy) at least 200 and
maybe bid seriously(am frequently the underbidder)on 4-500 items a year.