I've been told that QuickBooks isn't capable of tracking funding sources, i.e.
automatically ensuring that funds received (e.g., a grant) for a specific
purpose are being spent for that purpose.  I don't use Quickbooks, and it may
be possible to add additional fields to the "stock" accounting database that
would accomplish this.  Such additional fields may require a higher level of
training than most folks get.

Fred Holmes