MS Office has an Information Rights Management feature that "helps prevent
sensitive documents and e-mail messages from being forwarded, edited or copied
by unauthorized people." It is found under File - Permissions. This requires
the installation of a Windows Rights Management client to invoke. This may be
what is barring the spell-check.

Dan

>>> Jay Montero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2/27/2008 8:03 AM >>>
Someone at work has a document which was created in Word and will not
allow spell check to be run on it regardless of what computer we use.
We are trying to figure out how to undo this "feature".  We are at a
loss how the document got that way.  Any ideas?