It becomes problematic when it's installed on networked computers where your
users don't run as an admin and it then tries to run and bomb out because it
needs admin permissions.  That's always fun to get repeatedly when you're
trying to get work done.

I have a patch management system that pushes out the QT patches from a
central location.  I don't need ham-handed developers or marketing trolls
thinking they know what's best for everyone and doing the exact opposite of
what I tell it to do.

Of course, then it sticks its icon on the desktop because, gosh, it's just
that important.  To Adobe's discredit, they do the same thing with Acrobat
Reader.  I'm ready to chuck that and run FoxIt Reader only.  QuickTime is
about to get the axe as well.  The only thing that has saved it so far is
that it can open Photoshop files, which we get occasionally from people who
haven't thought things through.  Doesn't everyone have an $800 program?