rlsimon wrote:

I want to buy a notebook with french keyboard layout (azerty) and french
language version of windows (probably xp pro) to take with me as a gift for a
family member in the EU ...can I buy that here in the USA ?  ...neebodee know
whereat?

Since they are family member living in France, I would suggest, just getting a regular U.S. laptop and, have the software installed, that will translate english into french, as it is being typed. Instead of buying a keyboard with the french markings on it.

Also, They will need a converter for the power. U.S. voltage is 120V. In Europe it is 240V.

Christopher