Gee, I feel so privileged to be the only one :-) It is amazing (and scary), how fast Google categorizes this stuff.

After checking the event logs, the first entry after the successful installation of SP3 log is:

   * The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of 4DACD0EA75
     for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
   *  Minor Reason: 0x10
   *  Shutdown Type: reboot
   *  Comment: Windows XP Service Pack 3

Well at least the computer doesn't know why it failed to start either. This doesn't help much though. After this error point it would not boot up successfully until I went into the safe mode. It is interesting to note that the above Event Log was categorized as "Informational".

I'll take a look at the drivers to see what I can do.

Thanks for your help.

Richard P.

Jeff wrote:
Hard to say, but it wouldn't hurt to re-apply them just the same.  I have
had drivers go bad on me.  Check the event log and see if anything shows up
in there that might help.

Funny note...I googled the full STOP error you put in below, and the *only*
hit I got was your original email off the mail archive.

http://tinyurl.com/6mc6vr

So, yes, it appears that you are the only person in the world this is
happening to, so far.