Even more funny and interesting:
My Thunderbird wants to know if the Comcast email is a scam. I'm thinking yes! After I received the Comcast email this morning, I sent the earlier email to CGUYS and an email to myself at the Comcast address. Obviously gmail is working because CGUYS got the mail. I have not received the one I sent to my Comcast address. Also, the last message I sent from the guilty account was in March of last year.

Tom Piwowar wrote:
In the context of this discussion, it's funny that I received the following email this morning. I'm on an iMac using Thunderbird for email and I do send emails to groups of people sometimes. I have Comcast for internet, there is really no choice here, but I email exclusively through gmail.

1) They have falsely accused you of a crime.

2) They say they are blocking outgoing SMTP on port 25, changing it to port 587 instead. This would be effective against the most simpleminded email bots.

3) If you are using Thunderbird (even with GMail) you do use port 25 for SMTP. So you will need to change the port in your account settings.